Thursday, February 9, 2012

Its absolutely disgusting!
I'm vegetarian and i'd like to try and be vegan one day, but i absolutely LOVE cheese. I tried this vegan cheese replacement from holland and barratt and it was just horrible. It wasn't so bad when i melted it and made nachos with lots of sauce... Do all Vegan cheese replacements taste horrible?|||I've only tried two different types of vegan cheese. Once it was on macaroni and cheese. Tasted absolutely horrible. The second time was in a grilled cheese sandwich. It was kinda plain but I got used to it after awhile and it was good with ketchup to dip.

I think you have to keep in mind that there is no way to make vegan cheese that tastes exactly like dairy cheese. (You might be tricked if you haven't had cheese in awhile though, or if someone tells you its a different kind of cheese.)

I've heard of numerous vegan recipes that taste "cheesy" though. I can't recall any at the moment, sorry, but I know I have heard of plenty of them including yeast. (Apparently if you cook the stuff just right it has a cheesy flavor.)

Hope that helps a little.|||Ughhh i know!
I only use it to make cheese sauces or in toasties, only way it tastes reasonable aha
Toffuti cheese slices are much better! :)|||Veggies Slices are pretty good - however they contain milk proteins so they would not be vegan but they would be a step closer in the direction you're trying to go. They are soy-based. They don't taste quite as good as 'real' cheese and I think that most substitutes fall short of that but they are the best I've found so far.

The problem with truly vegan cheeses is that there is that they have to completely recreate the texture and taste of a dairy product without using any component of it.

My son is allergic to milk but can tolerate these so we use them as a substitute for grilled cheese and melting. I believe the same company makes shredded 'cheese' and other products but my local grocer doesn't carry them.|||what about vegan gourmet? I think it tastes really good! I have try the cheddar and mozzarella. I really like the mozzarella. It takes forever to melt, but well, it is vegan! We used to make a pizza, and it was the best vegan pizza! Not kidding, it is not because we made it, but it was delicious. Try it, you might like it. When I was vegetarian, I tried another kind of "chesse" but I did not like it, but I do like vegan gourmet.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment