Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm a vegetarian and thinking about becoming vegan so i went to this health food store and they had vegan cheese, so i bought it but it doesn't taste very good. is there any kind of recipe or food that i can make where it tastes descent? or should i just not buy any more after this...|||Been there, done that! I just remember that the cheeze is probably just soybean or possibly rice (that is what I use since I am intolerant of soy). I then just cut it up and put it in chili (as a bean) or soup. It really doesn't melt per say, but it will just add a little texture and some nutrients to the dish.|||I'm sure it tastes extra bad because you are still used to dairy cheese.
However I have been vegan for 5 months and I am not brave enough to try the vegan cheese. lol

Try making grilled cheese and dipping it in salsa. to mask the taste of the cheese?|||Depends on what kind of cheese it is? Is it cheese that melts? Vegan cheese is more often than not perceived as something that will taste exactly like the "real thing," but rarely is. I would say try making it in a recipe, and grate it on pasta (if you're able to)
I don't eat any Vegan cheese. You tend to use less substitutes for dairy after awhile. Make quesadillas with the cheese? Try using it the way you would use regular cheese?
Good luck! Worst case scenerio? Throw it out, and learn from it.|||You could try eating it with whole wheat crackers! =D|||1. Take a vegan food other than cheese.
2. Use a tool and shape it until it looks like cheese.
3. Devour.|||You can always melt it and spice it up a bit. Use good spices like garlic and some salt etc. that should do the trick, or eat it with a vegetarian burger by Morningstar. Their food is great :]

http://www.seeveggiesdifferently.com/pro鈥?/a>|||I'm vegan, but I do not like the non dairy cheeses that I've tried over the years. I suppose if you're stuck with it, and it melts, you could always mix it with some diced veggies and make a grilled cheese sandwich.

Or dump it and find other recipes you enjoy without the non-dairy cheese.|||I was vegan for over a year and never found any decent cheese. Basically just cut it out of your diet, otherwise you'll be disappointed. I've heard Teese is really good, but I've never actually seen it. It's hard to find vegan cheese in stores, and I live in a place that is full of hippies and we have some of the best vegetarian/vegan, organic, local, etc sorts of foods at our grocery stores, but I still have never seen that, or any good vegan cheese at that. And just watch out because a lot of soy and rice cheese still have milk protein (casein, aka sodium caseinate). If you want a cheesy flavor in something, you can add nutritional yeast which is pretty good, but if you need more than just the flavor and need the consistency too, you're probably going to have problems.|||Why would you do that to yourself? You could just eat real cheese. There is nothing wrong with it.|||most suck but there are a few really good ones

火车采集器
  • multiplication table printable
  • permit practice test
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment