Thursday, February 9, 2012

I was at the grocery store, and I was looking at a bag of non-dairy cheese. I looked at the back, and the ingrediants list was so long. Certainly that can't be healthy! And how does it taste? Is it worth it?|||It doesn't really offer much health-wise except maybe a bit of calcium and protein, possibly B12 if it's been enriched, but it's a good way to spice up a veggie burger, salad, pasta dish, soup, etc...

As for the taste... Definitely noticeably different than regular cheese but some brands are better than others. I like tofutti mozzarella the best. Stay away from the cheddar!! It's gross.|||No.

It tastes horrible.

Better to do without.|||A long while ago -before i ever when vegetarian... i accidentally bought soy cheese, i used it all and didnt notice a difference. it was when i threw out the empty bag, i read that it said soy haha :-)|||personally, i like it
but you have to make sure to get really high quality organic stuff that isn't pumped with chemicals otherwise you're pretty much eating kraft singles.|||find a woman who has baby who has milk and make real chese from her milk this is ok with vegans cause the woman say its ok not like a cow|||I don't like vegan cheese. Or "cheeze" as it's often called. I agree entirely about how processed faux meats and cheeses are. I generally stay away from them because of this, and because often, they taste horrible and they're far too expensive.

As a side note, most "non-dairy" cheese is made with a milk derivative that the USDA for some godforsaken reason has deemed non-dairy. Unless it's certified vegan, beware.|||cheese gives me gas|||the only good one that i have had is follow your heart (it melts!). look up vegan queso dip, its good.|||Tastes same to me|||i have not found vegan cheese.
a lot of the cheese in the grocery store like "veggie slices" still contain caiesin (sp.) which is dairy. it says veggie b/c real cheese has rennet which is calf stomach. so that is not vegetarian. but this 'veggie' cheese is not vegan.

just be sure you read it all the ingredients.

im vegan for 8 months. i never crave cheese so i dont even bother.|||some vegan cheese might be good but those with whey or cassin taste better. personally I did not like the flavor and the one brought to me was grose. not sure if it was the cheeses falt or the color turned me off before i got to that.
make your own there are several that can be make i have a cookbook and will have to hunt the recipes up but there is one i use often for parmesioan alternative.

Sprinkes

1 cup of nutritional yeast
1/2 cup of flax seeds ground
1/2 cup of sesame seeds ground
1/8 tsp salt

mix and use like you would for parmesian but remember this has a drying effect and you may need less of it. makes wonder ful nondairy pesto.|||I tried it with garlic and herbs. It was delicious.
I found it strong so I used thin slices, it was lovely and crumbly.
It didn't have a long ingredient list - main ingreds: potato starch, soy, garlic, herbs.
I bought it at a whole food shop|||the taste is the same to me.the only difference i notice is that it doesn't melt as well.

peace

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment