Friday, February 17, 2012

I have tried quite a lot of vegan cheeses and so far I hate them all. To be honest I was never a very big cheese person before anyway... I mostly only ate mozzarella on pizzas, but I did also like white cheshire cheese a lot. I bought Tofutti's dairy-free "mozzarella style" cheese and it smelt and tasted foul. I've tried two type of Scheese cheese - one was cheddar and the other a cream cheese, both nasty! And the most recent one was "Vegourment" vegan cheese, and it was again nasty. I do like vegan CREAM cheese though (except obviously the Scheese one I tried)

Are there ANY tasty vegan cheeses out there (I'm after the 'harder' cheeses like cheddar, cheshire, lancashire, mozzarella, etc) ???

Thanks!|||I'm in Australia so don't know the whole range. But I've had Cheezly cheddar style (weird). However, the Cheezly blue vein style goes very well on a pizza with pesto, caramelised onions, baby spinach, mushrooms, walnuts, a bit of grated cheese (the aforementioned cheezly cheddar or any other vegan cheese) and a layer of rocket leaves and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar just before you eat it.|||You could try cheezly and daiya if you can get them but that's about it if you've disliked the others.

How long have you been vegan?

There are no soy cheeses which taste identical to dairy cheese and most vegans stop wanting and craving cheese after 6-8 weeks.

ADD: Nutritional yeast/savory yeast flakes are good on pizza as well instead of cheese.|||i dont think so

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment