Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hi. I want to know what your favorite vegan cheese brand is that you've tried...like solid cheese...not sauce. Serious answers only, just name the brand ya like and tell me why, or tell me kinds that you think are really bad. I am trying to find a decent tasting vegan cheese that melts if that exists. Thanks lots. :D|||Galaxy Nutritional Foods has vegan cheese slices that I always buy at Whole Foods. I love them! They come in mozzerella and american flavored, so you have options :)
GNF also has grated parmesan cheese too!

Edit: Rice slices aren't vegan Jen... they have casein in them...|||My favorites are Sheese and Dr. Cow.

Dr. Cow (an aged gourmet raw nut cheese) is still a small operation, and Sheese isn't widely available in the U.S. yet, but both can be ordered from Pangea: http://www.veganstore.com/

Of the ones you can get at Whole Foods, Rice Slices are good, and they melt!

Edit: Rice Slices are labeled Vegan, and soy and casein free:
http://www.galaxyfoods.com/ourbrands/usa鈥?/a>|||Hmmm... difficult question because I find most of them pretty unpleasant. I'm still waiting for one to be really good. The best of them that I have tasted so far has to be Teese Cheese, but it's only available online as far as I know. http://www.teesecheese.com/ A local vegan cafe uses it and I've had it there, it's not bad.

P.S. I have noticed that SOME of the Rice (brand) cheese now IS vegan, you just have to check the label. (It's ok, I'm just kind of lukewarm on all vegan cheeses at this point in time -- still waiting for that really great one to be invented...)|||There isn't a particular name for it...but I've found that many East Indian stores (that sell a lot non-perishable food item, like curry paste, but also things like naan, etc.) have had the best vegan cheese. Hope there's one around where you live!|||I don't know a good one, but I CAN tell you that SoySation is disgusting although it does slightly melt.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment